Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Way Back When-esday: When You Wish...

Dateline: Walt Disney's birthday, 2004
Twins' Age: 3

Creating competition between siblings---much less, twins---is rarely encouraged in parenting circles.

Needless to say, Double Daddy and I aren't too committed to "the circles." If anything, we're ovoid.

Prior to this day, wishes were only made on stars, Santa's lap, and accompanying coins thrown in fountains. 

This would-be wish-bestowing wishbone, perhaps unwilling to participate actively in sibling rivalry, never relented.

If you ask me, I'm betting both their wishes came true.


Play along with Way Back When-esday---the mid-week, webwide reverie going strong since 2007!

[Join in on your blog, on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook - #WBW #WayBackWhenesday !]

post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I enjoyed the post. My identical twin and I will always be competitive with each other even though we won't really admit it. Growing up,we were actually pretty much equal when it came to everything we did. We were both starters on all of our soccer teams, in the band at school and received essentially the same grades. I'm not sure if it's because we were competitive with each other that we were equally as good or if we were just naturally the same. Now, in college, we have two different majors so it's hard to be competitive anymore. We probably still are when it comes to certain things, my parents claim we always have been. I guess it's easier to see from the outside looking in. I wonder if having fraternal boy and girl twins would make a difference in the level of competitiveness, or if that doesn't make a difference. I enjoy reading your blog, thanks! :)